Upcoming Service in Binghamton

Dear friends:

I will be offering a year of part-time service in my university’s region while staying on-campus, so I am excited to share with you the insights I will gain as the year progresses. Binghamton resides in a Milestone 2 cluster, so I am confident that there is an abundance of untapped potential waiting to be harvested.

One important point to highlight is that Binghamton does not currently have many human resources. Recognizing our reality is necessary if we are to cultivate a meaningful and sustained program of growth. My hope is to identify the human resources we have, and disperse in our efforts to divide and conquer, all the while being bound together with plenty of prayers, consultations, and reflections. Additionally, seeking more resources among university and community youth will be essential to the sustainability of core activities. From my recent summer of service, I learned that having the right conditions – the Goldilocks nucleus, if you will – is necessary if we are to have sustained efforts in the region.

As soon as I go to campus next week, my service begins. Insha’Alláh, our efforts will yield fruitful. I will try to keep you all updated with what I learn, specifically considering that I will be starting a Bahá’í club on campus. Any and all advice you all can share will be greatly appreciated. Take care and stay safe!

Warm Bahá’í greetings,
Sayem Hossain

1 Like

Hello, I am happy to hear about your service. I live as a pioneer in Greenwood SC and attend Lander University. I would like to learn about how to start a Baha’i club that can connect with the community around it. Currently the school I attend does a lot with the institutions in the community but not as much with the community and its individuals. I was planning to show this video, Finding Purpose and a Path of Service - A Rich Tapestry - Baha‘is of the United States to some peers and ask them questions about it to see if what about this Baha’i club we can learn from.

1 Like

Dear Diane:

My heart is gladdened at reading this – may your earnest efforts yield the choicest fruit! I will keep you in my prayers. I will take inspiration from you and show that video as well. I am sure that receptive souls are all around. Keep me posted!

1 Like