College Club Collaboration - Baháʼí Professors

Greetings, friends! As a new Baháʼí, I am beyond honored to be a part of this wonderful community and connect with you all through this awesome interface. I would like to reach out to you all concerning a wonderful way to engage/introduce our campuses to the Baháʼí Faith.

I am a part of the Wilmette Institute’s College Club Collaboration Taskforce, and we are actively seeking ways to build a scholarly Baháʼí presence at our institutions. We are more than willing to lend assistance to anyone who would like to introduce Baháʼí professors/lecturers at your respective institutions, whether that be as a guest speaker in an introductory comparative religion course or a lecturer for a university-sponsored event. Most comp. religion professors and religious studies departments are actively seeking ways to diversify their syllabi and academic resources. These would be academic Baháʼí professors speaking to an academic audience in an academic context.

Most importantly, the question now is this: what do you think? Is this something in which you are interested? Of course, these Baháʼí professors could provide talks on a variety of topics in the Baháʼí context, including race unity, interfaith diplomacy, environmentalism, and so on. Are there other ways we can diversify our institutions with Baháʼí professors? I am open to ideas. Please feel free to leave your comments or questions, or even just introduce yourselves :blush: I want us to have as much as an open-ended discussion as possible!

Please send me a private message, and I’d be happy to talk with you one-on-one, whether that’s about involving Baháʼí professors at your institutions, other ways we can engage a Baháʼí presence, or even musings on human existence. Thank you so much! I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe – wishing you all prayers and protection.

Warmly,
Sayem Hossain
Binghamton University Class of 2022

2 Likes